March 07, 2020

Jake

Sweet Jacob. Rest well, Brother.

 I wasn't as close to you as a lot of our friends here, but I always loved seeing your shy smile and pulling you in for a big old sweaty/smokey hug. You would immediately shift the focus back to me when I asked how you were holding up. It was lovely to see the peace and sense of mission that you felt serving your friends. Shit, you chose to spend hours in the hot sun cooking for us rather than chilling inside watching your favorite bands play. But when you allowed yourself a set from a particular fave - that was something to behold. I could feel the waves of PURE JOY and RIGHTEOUS ANGER just rolling off of your gentle spirit. That heaviness both weighed you down and carried you farther than you thought you could go.

I hate that your brain wouldn't let you rest. I hate that you didn't have everything you needed to continue your journey here with us. But I'm so grateful for the time we had.

I love you and will continue to love you.


1 comment:

Audial Forsensics said...

My thanks, and thoughts.